Monday 28 September 2015

OUGD603: You be You Further Development

After sending off the initial ideas and receiving some feedback I set to work on further developing the plant idea- their favourite and first choice.

They had explained how they wanted it to be more detailed and that due to some gentle persuasion I now had free reign on what font to use. Instead of re sketching out ideas I took what I had already and continued to develop it digitally. 




In contrast to the original font I had been given I chose to go with a soft and delicate san serif. The choices of futura light and avenir next were made because they are very unimposing fonts whilst still being beautiful. I didn't want to force too much character into these designs leaving room for them to be open and accessible yet eye catching.

I sent these designs for further feedback and ended up in a development conversation with the other designer I'm collaborating with. He sent me some examples of gradient based work suggesting this style may be more suitable for the app icon.



I chose to take these elements and apply them to the design. I also made the choice to simplify the branch idea back to the letter y, it still connotes the idea of a plant but is more more suited to the environment of app icons, all of which are very minimal.



Once again these have been sent off for feedback so I will continue to develop them further when I've heard back from them. I think the next stages from my personal view is to try and develop my initial squares idea and push it as a good concept as well as experiment with more colours.




No comments:

Post a Comment