Friday 27 February 2015

OUGD503: Joe Pointon Project Return

After being stuck for a few months and unsure where to go I picked back up with the Joe Pointon music production logo. I wanted to create a design based on his name, make it something personal to him, so I chose to work on the 'point' from Pointon.





After playing around with a few experiments these were the designs I ended up producing.






The concept behind it all is, one, a play on Pointon. Point demonstrates effectiveness, on target and a direct approach- I've shown this through the dots inside the o's. Also the o's look like targets, on target music production, any composition will be on target with what the client requested.


Two, the close connection he would have with his clients is represented through the strike in the surname; linking one person to another, concept to production, film to music. 


And three, playing on the all-rounder style of his composition. He had previously explained that he doesn't produce music for any specific setting/client/genre and I wanted to show this through the icon (the triangle). The idea is reaching all areas and having no boundaries, triangles are also the strongest geometric shape making him the strongest choice for a client.


From here I will now be working on the scamps and layouts for the website, I wanted to make certain that the brand and concept was secure before I began to tackle it in a digital format. I've sent this to him with the suggestion of producing some business cards- these will be simple to do now I have the fundamentals of his image, so we'll see what the reaction is and where I go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment