Thursday 12 February 2015

OUGD503: Penguin Brief- Further Research

It's been a long time since I looked at this brief, and I was very stagnant with ideas and suggestions, certainly conceptual ones and really needed a shot of inspiration.

I wanted to look into ways of visualising data again but didn't know where to start so it was suggested to me to have a look at Information is Beautiful by David McCandless. The different methods for visualising information were very inspiring and visually beautiful. I took some photos of my favourite pages.



I think following this method for beautiful data visualisation could potentially produce a really stunning cover. Also I want to make sure the design I end up producing has a more conceptual connection to the book rather than just an illustration of a fact or some random graphics. It also works on the purpose of the book itself, presenting serious and sometimes dull data in a funny and easy to digest format, so I feel this should be reflected in the design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment