Thursday 18 February 2016

OUGD603: Christmas Joy! Final Printed Paper and Christmas Stall


It was a lot of hassle, and two more weeks of back breaking, screen printing disasters, but finally I completed the robin set along with the mistletoe designs (which took longer because of their three colours). I even managed to produce some cards, although the only recycled card I was able to get my hands on didn't particularly match the paper and wasn't of the best quality. Due to the set backs and budgeting I was unable to order card online and so had to rely on the stores and their minimal options which really left me in the lurch. Though the paper turned out great which I was happy with and I had enough for myself, and the crafts stall, which I ran along with Taylor, Eva and Lucy.


In order to advertise our stall I very quickly threw together a poster. Using photoshop I distressed some vectorised snowflakes to made them look hand printing in order to reflect the hand-crafted nature of our products.



Beth even donated some time to produce a chalk board for our stall with the intention of bringing more people into look at what we produced. She had originally intended to also make something to sell, but due to time constraints ended up having to back out of the project.









The stall was fun to run and over the course of three days each of us managed to sell a few items here and there. I don't think any of us sold anywhere near enough as we hoped we would, and although we got a lot of people browsing, not too many made a final purchase. I believe this was down to a lack of advertising; which due to time constraints had to be minimal and last minute. Also if we had timed our stall for perhaps an interview or open week we could have potentially brought in more customers.



No comments:

Post a Comment