Wednesday 7 January 2015

OUGD504: SB4- Further Development and Final Designs

So I've had a complete change of idea… as we all do sometimes. Not with the concept of my idea but the style of it.

After staring at my photographed masked image I realised that I hated it. It didn't fit in with the look and feel of my website and as far as my target audience is concerned (young families being the key demographic) it would't be something that got their attention. I needed something I felt proud of as well as something parents would feel their children would be interested in and children themselves would want to engage with. 

So I decided to play on my strengths and go for an illustrative/vectorised style for my posters. Going for a cartoon look would not only give a more professional look and feel in comparison to the photograph one but it would also appeal to children and parents and give the family friendly feel I'm looking for.


So I began by searching for images of British wildflowers and sketching some very simplified versions to get a feel for how the design would look. I then digitally reproduced them in illustrator and created a simple vector background.



I then produced a simple vectorised (and incredibly adorable) bee and added text and the logo. The final result of it all is something I'm very happy with. I feel it suits not only the context and the audience better but fits in with the style of the website and my style as a designer. 

The first image will be the printed and visible version and the second will only become visible once viewed with a smart phone.



 Once the billboard version was created it was simple to adapt the design for the portrait bus stop poster and magazine sizes. 




To add a more physical element to my interactive design I decided to make some little bumble bee fact cards with facts taken from the website. I believe this will engage audiences more with the cause and add an educational element for children. When someone can hold or touch something they become more connected with the design and more attached to the cause, it also gives the campaign a physical presence (along side the seed paper). 










No comments:

Post a Comment