Wednesday 7 October 2015

OUGD603: Creative Networks Design Development




After some talking and some feedback I decided to develop the bookshelf idea with a few tweaks. Although I started off with a photograph taken of old artists and art based books I went on to draw around the books with one continuous line inspired by artists sketches and the single line sketches produced by Pablo Picasso. In every way I wanted to bring back the design to classical art, literature and history. It also works in my favour that the books I chose to photograph look like they're straight out of a stately home or manor- places he frequently visits in his culture programmes.



I used my own handwriting for the type, using a pen tablet to create the characters necessary. This gives the design a personal touch, mirroring the personality and individual thought poured into all of AGD's work, especially his writing.




The final look of the poster is simple yet personal. All the way through the development I made sure to keep a human touch present and a nod to the artistic. A balance I tried to strike with this design was to produce a piece of graphic design that had art injected into it and above all else my main task was to produce something I believe Andrew Graham-Dixon would like and want to keep, it is his talk after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment