Tuesday 17 November 2015

OUGD603: Milkshake Mix Packaging- Live Brief

On Wednesday I received a college wide email about producing some packaging for milkshake syrup mixes. Having never tackled packing before I decided this was something I wanted to explore through different briefs this year so I called them up and arranged a meeting to discuss ideas.




On the phone prior to the meeting he spoke about wanting to create a 50's diner look with his inspiration being heavily influenced by a packet of strawberry milkshake creme oreos. He liked the Americanised look and the use of the type, the image of the milkshake glass and the image of the fruit. So I sketched a few ideas and potential label layouts before we met for discussions.




After meeting and going through my ideas he explained that the packaging was not a label but a heat wrapped plastic label that would cover the entire bottle. He also make clear that he wanted something very similar to the oreo packet including the angle of the glass and the style of the image. I had suggested a vectorised style but he wanted 'realistic and slightly animated' which I'm not sure how to achieve or whether I can achieve it. So I sketched out a few more layouts and designs and although what he says he wants is clear I still think he has a specific look but no actual idea what the final product should look like, which worries me a little. 






Although I asked him for the required information, the blurb and what was needed on the mix bottle I received very little so I'll start with attempting to produce the image of the glass and the fruit in the style he's requested to see if I can actually achieve it before continuing with the rest of the label. 


No comments:

Post a Comment