Thursday 5 November 2015

OUGD603: You be You- Further Development

After some further feedback it was suggested to me to push the flower/plant design and the 'y' even more. I did a few tests and examples but I really wasn't feeling the overall look, everything I tried was too complicated or unprofessional and so I wanted to pull away from this and revert back to one of my preferred previous ideas. 


Taking the offset square design I had worked on previously I added in gradients and drop shadows to give it a more professional feel and played around with placement of text and how the text logo would function.


After experimenting and developing I held a crit with a few people. They liked the drop shadow saying tat it was a good representation of a full three-dimensional person whose problems are real tangible things. However there were some issues, it was questioned why I chose blue, although blue can be considered a calming colour it's cold and still gender specific. They also argued that the use of a sharp box made the icons unwelcoming and almost 'boxing' the individual in and that using and highlight 'be' took away from the you, which should be the main focus of the design.

I made some alterations based on this feedback. I changed the colour from blue to yellow, a colour that's not only gender neutral but also very positive and bright. In the full logo I shifted the focus from be to you bringing the main theme back to the user and the individual. I also rounded the corners in the icon to make it more approachable and changed the 'be' to a y. Not only does this link strongly to the whole brand and the individual but it also 'breaks the box' showing the user that they don't have to be confined to a norm, that they can break out of their containers and truly be themselves. I think the new logo is a very inspiring and refreshing, it matches the tone of the app and offers a positive feeling to its users.





No comments:

Post a Comment