Monday 14 March 2016

OUGD603: GF Smith- Research


For the brief there was no set theme or direction so to give us a jump off point for the image a group of us came up with a collective theme to based our designs on. The theme we chose was contemporary archive, inspired by the description our tutor gave about the final look and feel of the exhibition.


From this topic I initially jumped to an archive within a museum and landed on the idea of an entomology archive cabinets. With the image being framed it could look similar to the glass casing used in entomology, also lots of insects, bugs and beetles being coloured bright yellow similar to my assigned colour it made sense to use this as the basis for my image.


To start my research I looked into entomology collections and how they are arranged/laid out.






















From this I began researching into yellow insects for the contents of my cabinet.



catacanthus incarnatus 



Mexican Bean Beetle




Wasp

Umbrella Yellow Stick Insect



Yellow Lady Bird



Trichodes Ornatus

Desert Locust


Potter Wasp


Hispine Beetle


Paraselenis


Gasteracantha Orb Spider


Papilio Thoas


Murgantia histrionica

Cucumber Beetle

Golden Ringed Dragonfly


Colias Croceus


Yellow Black Hoverfly


Yellow Weevil

Black and Yellow Garden Spider

polilla amarilla

Yellow Spotted Millipede


No comments:

Post a Comment