Monday 11 May 2015

OUGD505: Studio Brief 2- Final Designs

For the exhibition I wanted to produce a screen printed version of my book cover poster. Screen printing was something I hadn't done this year and I was determined to use it somewhere. I also felt that this was a perfect opportunity to increase my knowledge and learn another skill so on top of remembering how to screen print I also wanted to master the art of foiling. 







Out of 10 prints that I started only one came out 'perfectly' which is suitable. The foiling really adds an extra element to the final poster and makes the seemingly simple design pop with a subtle bit of detailing. I really like that the foiling hasn't perfectly transferred to the paper, I think if it had come out perfectly it wouldn't look anywhere near as good.

I had wanted to foil over the wrap around cover too, however time was against me and I chose instead to make the lines grey. The back cover was incredibly difficult to layout, there was considerable more text than I had first imagined and the unwoven pattern across both covers limited the space available, however I think, although crowded there's just enough empty space to not be insanely cluttered.






No comments:

Post a Comment