Thursday 23 April 2015

OUGD505: Studio Brief 1: Research

For my research I decided to look at various examples of scientific kids books, first I started with some basic education books to get an idea of what kind of science is being taught to my target audience age.












Although they were informative they weren't exactly engaging and exciting to look at, they mostly functioned as an 'answer the questions' tool. Though they were practical I don't think they would really get children excited about science, it may in fact make it seem like hard work and I think it could be done better.

The next section I went to look at was the more engaging, interactive science based books. These were a lot brighter, more illustrative and certainly a lot more fun and engaging. The pop up book really excited me and I think it brought the science to life, this is what I want to replicate with my own book. Despite there being many general all round science books there was nothing that went into specific scientific questions so there is still a gap in the market for my idea of answering one question per book, though the feasibility of this may change after further research and selecting my final questions. 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment