Thursday 30 April 2015

OUGD505: Study Task 3

For this week long study task we were asked to produce a flyer and a concertina booklet for the exhibition 'Disobedient Projects North' at the People's History Museum in Manchester.

Both needed to be A5 with the flyer containing the basic information and the booklet containing more detailed text about the exhibit. The flyer was confined to black and white where as the booklet could be in colour if we chose.

We were given the content and images to be used for the design and set off to produce the final products.

I decided to start with the flyer as it had to most design constraints and then produce the booklet based on the final leaflet design.



The final look for the flyer I wanted to be quite simple and also a little dated looking. I felt that over crowding the design would take away from the information it was trying to provide.




From this design I went on to produce my booklet, although now I see that I've laid it out the wrong was round. I used the same text style from my flyer to keep a consistent look but added some colour to the mix. I didn't want to bombard the piece with colour, I wanted to make sure the design was secondary to the information so just stuck to orange (orange to me always felt like a rebellious colour).

Booklet:

Instead of spreading the information across both sides I wanted to have one side dedicated to a quote that I felt really summed up the feel of disobedient objects. This would also make the booklet into a collectable poster to take a piece of the exhibition home with you.



I wanted to capture the sense of rebellion and anarchy throughout the designs t so I decided to use bold stand out and unconfined type. To continue this free and rebellious feel I didn't use a grid for either piece and instead went by eye to get the content to sit properly on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment