Thursday 23 April 2015

OUGD505: Study Task 3

Create a flyer and small booklet for the exhibition 'Disobedient Objects North' to understand the importance of clean and clear layout for communication within design.

The a5 flyer will be simplistic, the concertina booklet will be more text heavy. The content will already be provided though we can create and use new images if we choose.

I decided to begin by creating the simpler flyer and then extending it into the booklet design, I felt the flyer had the most restrictions being black and white and so it would be best to start there. 

After downloading the disobedient objects images I flicked through to see which I felt were the strongest and would be best suited for a flyer design and then sketched a rough layout design for said image.


 

I then experimented and mocked up some of my better ideas digitally. The font choice for them all was Blackout and Blackout 2AM, I wanted something heavy and strong replicating type used for placards and demonstrating the  strength that comes with protest. I contrasted it with futura, something simple and straight talking with very little personality. The point of blackout was the sum up the exhibition, futura was used purely to convey information. 









No comments:

Post a Comment