Friday 7 November 2014

OUGD504: SB3- Digital Developments

Digitising Scamps

After revising my scamps I decided to reproduce these designs in a digital format. And so I began by creating my hexagonal grid in illustrator and creating a top links bar that would appear on every page.


I then began to create and slot in the images for each page. I was able to transform the images from rectangular full size into hexagonal shapes due to the mask tool in illustrator. Like the mask tool in photoshop, it can hide and reveal sections of an image, however it's a lot more strict in illustrator, but this worked to my advantage as I was using very strict straight shapes.


I then got rid of the grid when I began adding text to the page; it was decided during a previous crit that placing the text into hexagonal shapes like with the images would be far too confining and would prove impossible to achieve for pages with a lot of text.


I also added 'Fact Hexagons' with text in a larger size pointing out key factoids for the user who doesn't want to trawl through large amounts of text and smaller hexagons for decoration. 


The Digital Mock ups of Five Pages























No comments:

Post a Comment