Tuesday 4 November 2014

OUGD504: SB3- Crits and Further Development

We had another crit today and I presented my scamps and spoke through the general purpose of my webpage. I asked for suggestions concerning the text as I worried that if I were to use the hexagon shapes that the text could be too squashed and confined, it was decided that I would be better off using the hexagons for images and using simple columns and boxes for any text. 

I also pitched my colour ideas, using a honey gold for the hexagons and navy blue for the text, one person came up with the idea to tint all my images with the same honey yellow/gold to make it match up with the hexagons- this is something I will be doing for my further development.

After the crit I went back to my scamps and redrew them out again, this time making column and box spaces for text and hexagons for images. The result I feel is a lot cleaner and makes better use of the space available.

After looking at a website called Built By Buffalo I was inspired to use space between my hexagons so as not to crowd and crunch them all together. This turned out to look a lot nicer in the scamps as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment