Tuesday 24 March 2015

OUGD503: Group Responsive- Evaluation



For this brief we greatly considered our product. Using design thinking we were able to solidly understand our problem and create a suitable solution that solved as many of the issues as possible. Although most of our time was spent designing and sketching, developing and arranging different things we spent an awful lot more time researching thoroughly. The idea of the game would only be feasible if we could fully understand the ecosystems we were trying to recreate and we did this within an inch of our lives. Of course the rain forest is so complex I could've done a lot more towards it but due to time limitations I had to give myself a cut off point. Though this may be true for all briefs; we did overrun with time keeping, every little thing took about three times as long to complete than estimated and this was true with all aspects of the brief, it really pushed us for time in the end. It simply wasn't fully considered all the things we had to produce and complete for our final submission, there was a lot more than we initially thought.

That being said the quality of the final game is fantastic though this is more due Beth rather than me, she would spend extensive amounts of time on the smallest details making sure they were perfect, I'm a more quick creator 'that'll do' kind of a person, but I think this made us complement each other well. I feel on my own part I could've and should've spent more time on my own sections but I also think if I had taken my time with it then we wouldn't have managed to complete it before the module submission. One thing that needs to be considered is that there were only two of us, we started with five and came up with an idea that suited the workload of five people and managed to complete it with two (there was some assistance from a third member, bits of research, the typeface, but these were part time things). I think this makes me proud more than anything, I am astounded at what we were able to achieve, we motivate each other well and Beth's persistence and dedication drove me to want to work harder.

If I could improve on this project I think I would've liked to do more; make some gifs, some animations, more ecosystems, more animals. Also I would love to have taken my time on what I did produce, although I'm happy with my illustrations and my designs I think more time would've improved them greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment