Wednesday 25 March 2015

OUGD503: Joe Pointon- Evaluation



This project genuinely had me stumped for a while, after having my first round of ideas rejected coming up with a new angle for the design proved difficult. I left a large gap between first tackling the brief and starting it up again, this both hindered and helped my process; it gave me time to think, clear my head and start over but it also meant I became detached from the project, the motivation and inspiration I had started with was fizzled out and it took a lot more effort to get back into it, however once I had come up with a stronger concept everything flowed a lot easier. I think if I had pushed myself earlier on in this project I could've finished it much sooner with room and time for further development and applications- I had initially been tasked to mock up a website example but ran out of time and had to leave it to just the business cards for submission and continue with the scamps afterwards. I certainly could've been a lot more professional from the clients point of view, I took this brief a bit too casually and left things late and pushed things back, all that aside though the final designs and the concept behind them are solid and will be a great platform to build an entire brand around.

No comments:

Post a Comment