Tuesday 24 March 2015

OUGD503: MOO- development and design desicions

The initial sketches I created I used as guidelines as to how the chain reaction would flow and for selected different items within it. I went on to produce neater cleaned up versions of the designs that to be digitised later. 

The main use of the sketches was to make sure the balance in the image was solid and the flow through the reaction worked well, after I was certain it would work then I would digitise it. At the end of each chain reaction I wanted a 'finished/successful' representation for the business working well as well as the certainty clients should place in the MOO brand. For the bakery the icing is on the cake, for the mechanic the toy car crosses the finish line, the administrator successfully prints the document and the beautician's mirror spins to give the doll a reveal of her makeover.




Many of the design decisions had already been made. The font choice as well as the colour palate had already been outlines in the MOO brand guidelines booklet, it was simply a case of implementing them into my design.



I used thick lines for the outline and rounded corners to compliment the strokes of the font. This also made the design appear more cartoony and gave it sense of fun, though I was careful not to over simplify it and make it too childish by adding little bits of detail in thinner strokes here and there.





I ended up choosing four colours from the brand palate that greatly contrasted each other to give each poster it's own character. I also made sure to use the colours that the brand uses most often, their main/primary colour choices as opposed to their secondary choices, this would link 



For the layout I didn't attempt to sketch it, instead I moved things around digitally trying to strike a balance between text and illustration. The strong band of colour complimented the colour used in each design however when I had the bottom half of the image in all colour it was far too much. Adding the colour as a band rather than a block gave the whole design enough white space to breathe and framed the image suitably.




No comments:

Post a Comment