Wednesday 25 March 2015

OUGD503: Secret 7- Evaluation


Secret 7 is always very free so I can't really say I had many commercial considerations or a target audience to aim for, and I only spent a week or so on it so I wasn't restricted by time limitations; I just did what I wanted and really enjoyed it. Although I started trying to do a full on illustration with extensive detail and intense amounts of shading it turned out the best result was a simple vector. I think I've not got enough experience in detailed illustrations so since this brief I've leant towards more simplified forms of drawing, it works, and in many instances it looks good. Last year I didn't get into the exhibition, I certainly hope I do this year, I made sure to submit all three variants of the design so that perhaps they may have a preference to one of them and let me in. From last year I stopped worrying about 'getting it right' and just did what I wanted, I think my designs are much stronger from this attitude although it does help that I'm a year further on in skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment