Sunday 22 May 2016

OUGD603: Charity Promotion- Evaluation

Out of all of my briefs this was the most poorly timed. At the beginning of the year when I first started working on this project I put a lot of effort into it, lots and lots of research, planning, sketching, development. However, time got in the way, dissertation, Christmas, DBA, other projects. Because I didn't structure a definitive deadline I kept pushing and pushing my time scale until I was three weeks away from our final deadline with a horrible feeling that I couldn't produce anywhere near the amount of stuff I had wanted to. So for this hand in, I am no where near where I wanted to be. That being said, I now have a brief I want to extend and work on after our deadline and into the summer and possibly further. It is a shame I don't get to submit it for assessment but at least from my research and initial developments I now have a pretty strong brief to continue with.

I am also frustrated that my stamp didn't arrive in time- I had intended to stamp each card with the Ruff Edges logo and perhaps number the prints to add to their exclusivity, but unfortunately there were some issues with producing my design and this set the whole process back further.

As a solution to a brief- creating a way to promote charities, I really think I developed a strong idea. From my research I know that pushing a positive message is more beneficial than a negative one, also there is a market for hand printed cards, this coupled with making the buyer feel as though they are helping at the same time makes for a more desirable product. So even though I wasn't able to produce the physical products as a solution to my brief I still feel I solved the problem and have something good to work with in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment