Tuesday 17 May 2016

OUGD603: Smart Grid Consultancy- Application



As I began applying the design to stationary I started with the business cards and experimented with extra elements to push the design further. I made a few sketches of additional touches to add to the applied logo and I settled on a simple 'swoosh'. The upwards swoosh connotes an idea of growth and positivity and moving up whilst also resembling a business chart also displaying growth- tying the business back to the positive impact it can have on other companies. Adding the gentle gradient to the swoosh also implies that with positive growth there is also a step towards a greener future, one that can be achieved with SGC. 




Using this shape along with the logo and it's concepts I applied the design to other stationary relevant to the company, letterheads and invoices. I maintained a brand consistency by using the swoosh in each layout and keeping the logo in the same left alignment.












Despite the design applying cleanly to stationary it did take some difficulty to translate it onto uniforms due to it's long thin type and layout. To combat this I used the shortened version of the logo and maintained the use of colour on 'smart' to link the shirts back to the main brand. 




No comments:

Post a Comment