Wednesday 27 April 2016

OUGD603: Armadilla- Initial Ideas

For the first part of this brief the main element that is needed is to produce a logo. So individually each of us went away to come up with some ideas and initial logo designs. My first set of ideas were based around the pods themselves. With the design being a very iconic and easily identifiable shape it was easy to adapt it to a variety of different designs. 



For the first set of designs I experimented with type, making the arch and circles a key component of the type's shape. This is a far more subtle way to feed the shapes into the design but one that still makes them obvious.







Many more of my designs focused on playing around with the images, I used the circle and arch in abstract ways and in more literal ones. 



Another route I explored was the animal which inspired the shapes of the pods- the armadillo. I tried shaping text into a more curved dome feel reflecting the animal's body shape. 


Whilst looking through pictures of armadillos I found these Alexander McQueen armadillo boots. I absolutely love the look and shape of them so I tried using that sheer drop shape in a couple more sketches and ideas.




Not only was I inspired by the front of the pod but also the shape from the side, I made a couple extra sketches with shaped type and a dramatic curve reflecting the look of the pods.






No comments:

Post a Comment