Wednesday 27 April 2016

OUGD603: Smart Grid Consultancy- Digital Development

Looking back over my initial sketches the strongest ideas are also the simplest and so I feel that the most appropriate style of logo is a text based one. When we consider the market and the existing brands it seems that type based logos offer a more professional feel and this is perhaps why the initial logo didn't work- it was far too busy and largely picture based. The versatility of a type based logo is also a bonus, it can be used and will fit into many different deliverable forms. 

Having a text based logo means that a lot of weight rests on the typeface selection and so applying the logo requirements I had outlined earlier I pawed through different fonts looking for ones which worked best, my final favourites boiled down to five choices.



Exo



Verdana



Anivers



Steiner

The reason I settled on these fonts in particular is because they all have aspects in their design that I can relate to my logo concept. I stayed focused on geometric san serifs as they have the most clean and futuristic look, implying technological advancement. I wanted the type to almost look like a piece of machinery or a part of the modern ecological tech used by SGC to improve a business, placing the logo directly into what the business does. Using italicised versions of these fonts adds another layer to the design including a sense of moving forwards and heading towards the future.

From here I will now begin to apply these fonts to the design and see how well my ideas translate into a digital format.


No comments:

Post a Comment