Friday 22 April 2016

OUGD603: Presidential Campaign- Further Application and Budgeting

Once I had developed the look and feel of my campaign through the posters I decided to translate it onto other materials. I definitely wanted to produce leaflets so I could have yet another touch point that would show off and explain my manifesto so I used a similar 'Vote Roz for President' layout to make the manifesto points the main feature. I then included a more detailed version of my manifesto summary for the back.


When I began planning and designing this campaign I had intended to spend a fair bit of money on this campaign and so planned to print out leaflets, booklets and posters, however when we were briefed, a week before the campaigns went live, we were informed that we had an incredibly tight budget indeed- £10 plus ten free printed posters on a printer of unknown quality. Well this made things a little tighter. I spent a fair bit of time planning out my budget splitting it between posters, leaflets and sweets to use when directly engaging students. 

I wanted to make sure my message was spread throughly across the college and I certainly didn't want to loose any of my 'making the most of...' slogan posters or the drive it home 'vote for Roz posters' so I really had to think how I could maximise my output on a minimum budget. I had shot myself in the foot slightly with monetary restrictions, with 6 different posters and 3 different flyers I really needed a larger amount of posters than most candidates to get the full message across.



I did manage to create a few money saving changes. By using my own stock for posters and leaflets this meant I would have reduced prices in the digital print room. And by creating my booklet and publishing it digitally on issuu meant I could still create this component for free.


The look of the booklet was fairly simple, acting as another touch point within the campaign it simply used the already existing aesthetic. That being said I chose to take some time planning the flow of the book and the content to be used on each page.


So far I think the booklet is my favourite element in the campaign looks wise. I'm not particularly strong when it comes to editorial, however I am pleased with the final design of it. It maintains that positive and bright tone of voice and fits in nicely with the other elements of the campaign. 


No comments:

Post a Comment