Friday 22 April 2016

OUGD603: Presidential Campaign- Digital Development


A key feature my posters need is to be eye catching, they need to stand out from the many crowded noticeboards that are littered across the university. Having been inspired by my silly scarf earlier I looked back to the extremely bright colours and selected a vibrant colour pallet from the various threads. I feel that bright and bold colours will have the impact I'm looking for and stand out well, the selection of colours are also very bright and happy adding to the positive tone conveyed in the main message.



Although in my sketches I had wanted centred text when translating the idea into a digital format the message lost a lot of impact, there wasn't enough emphasis on the 'manifesto' points of the slogan (leeds, you, each other). I changed these sections of type from solid to outline to draw more attention to them but the type still looked lost and floating in the middle of the design.



To counter this I upped the point size massively and further increased the size of the manifesto points making them the key focus of the design. Although I did refrain from increasing them further due to spacing issues and maintaining a good balance of type to blank space. I went ahead and made some adjustments to the detailed body copy, separating them into columns so as to make better use of the space and bring a sense of balance to the design.



After looking through the final three manifesto posters I became concerned that I may have relied too much on the message and not enough on myself. The 'Vote for Roz' copy was rather tucked away in the design and difficult to read from a distance. However, I didn't want to loose my manifesto as the heart of my campaign and I felt it was important to keep my slogan front and centre. So I created a second set of posters simply with 'Vote Roz for President' to push the message directly. Though, to keep these posters closely tied with the campaign as a whole I used the same bright colour scheme and style of typography creating uniformity across all the designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment