Thursday 21 April 2016

OUGD603: GF Smith- Printing


The printing for this project had it's ups and downs, mostly it was a joyful breeze but there were a few issues with exposing and preparing screens. Before outlining my scanned and printed designs for exposure I had tried to expose them onto some screens I had cleaned and coated earlier. 20 minutes of power washing later and with no clear, cleaned lines, I was left having to clean down both screens, re coat and re expose the now drawn on thicker lined versions of my designs. It was a minor hiccough but one that certainly cost me some time and added another day onto my schedule.



Though when it came to actually printing the designs there were very few dramas. It was a breeze, with the exception of changing white inks, and pretty much every print came out well so I was thoroughly pleased with the final result. I love the design I produced and it just came to life when it was finally printed onto the stock. The hand drawn details were retained and gave the image an extra interesting feature and the print quality was pretty spot on. In some areas of the design it almost looks penned onto the paper directly so I was pretty pleased with myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment