Thursday 21 April 2016

OUGD603: GF Smith- Print Festival Exhibitoin



My design looked great in the exhibition, alongside all the other designs and coloured stocks from a distance all the colours ran into each other creating a really interesting spectrum. Then the closer you get the more detail that is revealed and then you can pick out all the designs individually. I really love the way it blended in with the colours but also stood out. Black on yellow will always be an eye catching colour combination so it made me really happy to see how it still managed to attract attention from a distance without breaking the flow of colour to colour. I am also thankful that I was assigned such a vibrant colour, no doubt this also helps the image to stand out.




From the start of this brief I knew that our final designs would be framed and so I had produced my image with that in mind and I think the addition of a frame adds a nice finishing touch to the piece. I did, however, think originally they would all be in black frames and assumed as much, however, white frames shows off the stock choice far better and I think it suits the design well. White frames also don't interrupt the flow of colours so it makes the spectrum appear seamless from a distance.





No comments:

Post a Comment