Wednesday 27 April 2016

OUGD603: Charity Promotion- Cards For Causes presents Ruff Edges- Ideas and Sketches



For the new and different charity promotion brief I decided to come up with an overarching name for the company selling cards and prints for charity. The name I settled on is 'cards for causes' meaning that I can use Ruff Edges as a named collection of cards and prints with the potential of adding new collections that work with different charities later on after university when I fully expand the business. 







For the cards for causes logo I was inspired by various 'quirky' companies who make more unique and design focused cards, gift wrap and prints. I really love the handwriting based logos, they give the companies a better sense of individuality and personality. This in turn makes the products feel hand crafted and hand drawn which lends itself to unique prints and speciality cards. 



I experimented with different types of my own handwriting trying to find an appropriate style. I wanted to logo to be personal to me and so I didn't deviate too much from my natural handwriting. 


For the Ruff Edges design I was inspired by a dog themed wallpaper I produced last year and the dog featured elmwood logo, and attempted to make a coat of arms based logo.



Because the new logo will feature on the back of the cards and prints this means it can be more ornate and detailed than typical logos. I was keen to make it beautiful and something that would look really appealing and eye catching on the back of the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment